from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Diarrhoea (now only of animals).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A diarrhea or flux.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Looseness; flux; diarrhea.
- To suffer from diarrhea.
- Nautical, to sail large, or with a quartering wind—that is, with a wind about 45° abaft the beam.
- To shorten; bring to an end.
- n. Same as last.
- n. A thin flat diamond with a simple facet at the side: used occasionally to cover small miniatures, and then called portrait-stone.
From Old Northern French *lasque, from lasker ‘to loosen’ (corresponding to standard Old French lascher > French lâcher). (Wiktionary)