from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A caffe latte.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A drink of coffee made from espresso and steamed milk, generally topped with foam.
- n. A similar drink, where the espresso is replaced with some other flavoring ingredient such as chai, maté or matcha (green tea).
- n. A pillar capped by a hemispherical stone capital with the flat side facing up, used as building supports by the ancient Chamorro people and now used as a sign of Chamorro identity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as cafe latte; a type of espresso coffee served with foamy steamed milk, and usually served in a tall glass or mug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. strong espresso coffee with a topping of frothed steamed milk
Abbreviation of caffè latte, from Italian caffè ("coffee") + latte ("milk"), from Latin lac, lactis. (Wiktionary)