from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An object of jokes or ridicule; a butt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of laughing stock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An object of ridicule; a butt of sport.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person or thing that is an object of ridicule; a butt for laughter or jokes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a victim of ridicule or pranks
laughing + stock. (Wiktionary)