from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Verbal expression of agreement or allegiance, unsupported by real conviction or action; hypocritical respect: "Lip service continues to be paid to resolving regional conflicts, but there is no sense of urgency” ( Henry A. Kissinger).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Empty talk; words absent of action or intention.
- n. Cunnilingus, the act of using the mouth and tongue to stimulate the female genitals, especially the clitoris and labium. (Sometimes also referred to as giving lip.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. expression by the lips of obedience and devotion without the performance of acts suitable to such sentiments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.