American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An indehiscent legume, as of the tick trefoil, usually constricted between the seeds and separating at maturity into one-seeded segments.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mash or mixture.
- n. In botany, a legume which at maturity breaks up by transverse articulations into oneseeded indehiscent joints. See legume, 2.
- n. A type of modified legume that breaks apart at constrictions occurring between the segments of the seeds.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) An elongated pod, consisting, like the legume, of two valves, but divided transversely into small cells, each containing a single seed.
- n. seedpods that are constricted between the seeds and that break apart when mature into single-seeded segments
- Latin lōmentum, skin conditioner made of bean meal, from lavere, to wash; see leu(ə)- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“This doggy expression he held for a loment or two after Wexford had finished. icn he said:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘loment’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
A continuation of my first list, "A Serving of Random Palavery". Like the first, this list contains words that catch my attention, ring happily in my ears, are fun to speak, or are interesting to ...
My collection of words that are intriguing, but don't fit my other lists.
Looking for tweets for loment.