from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dock worker who loads and unloads ships.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man employed to load and unload ships.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a class of laborers employed about the wharves of a seaport, especially in loading and unloading vessels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A workman, as a stevedore or jobber, who is employed in loading and discharging the cargoes of vessels.
- n. One who makes a living along shores by fishing for clams, oysters, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
Sorry, no etymologies found.