from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common designation for an animal that has an unusually long tail relative to similar species.
- n. In Bermuda, an alternative name for the White-tailed Tropicbird.
- n. A longtail boat.
- n. In the Isle of Man, a rat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An animal, particularly a log, having an uncut tail. Cf. curtail. dog.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An animal, particularly a dog, having an uncut tail.
- n. The long-tailed duck.
- n. An old nickname for a native of Kent.
- Having the tail uncut, as a dog.
Sorry, no etymologies found.