from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The lowest level of the tide.
- n. The time at which the tide is lowest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The tide at its lowest level for a particular tidal cycle at a certain place.
- n. The time of day when the sea has receded to its lowest level.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the farthest ebb of the tide; the tide at its lowest point; low water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the lowest (farthest) ebb of the tide
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.