from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being luminous.
- n. Physics The intensity of light per unit area of its source.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the quality of being luminous
- n. the luminous flux emitted in a given direction divided by the product of the projected area of the source element perpendicular to the direction and the solid angle containing that direction, i.e. luminous intensity divided by unit area; measured in stilbs or apostilbs
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Luminousness: as, the luminance of the stars.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being luminous; emitting or reflecting light
Sorry, no etymologies found.