from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The emission of visible light by a hot object.
- n. The light emitted by an incandescent object.
- n. A high degree of emotion, intensity, or brilliance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the emission of visible light by a hot body
- n. the light so emitted
- n. great emotion, especially anger
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A white heat, or the glowing or luminous whiteness of a body caused by intense heat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being incandescent; glowing heat. Rarely candescence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the phenomenon of light emission by a body as its temperature is raised
- n. light from heat
Sorry, no etymologies found.