from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An official who carries a mace of office.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of mace-bearer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an official who carries the mace of office before persons in authority.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who carries a mace of office before a public functionary whose badge of office it is; a macer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official who carries a mace of office
Sorry, no etymologies found.