from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of mare's nest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A supposed discovery which turns out to be a hoax; something grossly absurd.
- n. A confused multitude of things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To discover mare's nests; make absurd discoveries; imagine that one has made an important discovery which is really no discovery at all, or is a hoax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a confused multitude of things
Sorry, no etymologies found.