from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A showing of a movie or theatrical performance in the afternoon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A reception, or a musical or dramatic entertainment, held in the daytime. See soirée.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An entertainment (especially a theatrical performance) or a reception held in the daytime, usually in the afternoon.
- n. A woman's dress for home wear in the forenoon, or up to the time when she dresses as for dinner or for going out. Its form and material change according to fashion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a theatrical performance held during the daytime (especially in the afternoon)
From French matinée (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.