American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The unit of magnetic flux in the centimeter-gram-second system, equal to the flux perpendicularly intersecting an area of one square centimeter in a region where the magnetic intensity is one gauss.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The c. g. s. unit of magnetic flux; the flux which, acting upon a unit magnet-pole, will repel it with a force of one dyne; the flux per square centimeter of cross-section in a field of unit flux density.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A cgs unit of magnetic flux, abbreviated Mx; it is equal to the magnetic flux passing through one sqaure centimeter which is normal to a magnetic field of one gauss.
- n. a cgs unit of magnetic flux equal to the flux perpendicular to an area of 1 square centimeter in a magnetic field of 1 gauss
- n. Scottish physicist whose equations unified electricity and magnetism and who recognized the electromagnetic nature of light (1831-1879)
- From James Clerk Maxwell, Scottish physicist and mathematician (Wiktionary)
- After James Clerk Maxwell. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Yes | No | Report from maxwell wrote 40 weeks 12 hours ago”
“Write to Maxwell Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org”
“Yes | No | Report from maxwell wrote 40 weeks 6 days ago what about useing the banjo minnow i hear its amazeing.”
“Write to Maxwell Murphy at maxwell. email@example.com”
“Unless of course the enemy is way ahead of her and has booby trapped it with protruding bayonets and land mines, which Caitlin spies at the last minute and escapes death - to quote maxwell smart ‘by that much’.”
“I'm tired of listening to them play that number. mark maxwell”
“Yes | No | Report from maxwell wrote 41 weeks 3 hours ago ther are some nice fish in this gallery”
“Yes | No | Report from maxwell wrote 37 weeks 6 days ago what about useing the banjo minnow i hear its amazeing.”
“Write to Doug Cameron at doug. firstname.lastname@example.org and Maxwell Murphy at maxwell. email@example.com”
“Yes | No | Report from maxwell wrote 39 weeks 2 days ago some preaty monsterous fish in this gallery”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘maxwell’.
Inspired by gangerh's extremely addictive list songbirds, this is the same type list, but for male names. Same rules apply:
Names of boys in song titles. Not in the lyrics, just in the title...
Interesting words you probably won't hear in your day-to-day.
By 'or' I mean 'and'
Looking for tweets for maxwell.