from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or resembling a miter worn by certain ecclesiastics.
- adj. Relating to a mitral valve.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a miter; resembling a miter; as, the mitral valve between the left auricle and left ventricle of the heart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a miter; resembling a miter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a miter; resembling a miter.
- In anatomy, mitriform; bivalvular: specifically applied to that valve in the heart which guards the left auriculoventricular orifice. Also called bicuspid.
- In medicine, pertaining to the mitral valve: as, mitral sounds; mitral insufficiency; mitral disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or located in or near the mitral valve
- adj. relating to or resembling the miter worn by some clerics
Sorry, no etymologies found.