from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of mole5.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The symbol for mole.
- n. (dated) Alternative spelling of mole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A quantity of a substance equal to the molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams; a gram molecule; the basic unit of amount of substance adopted under the System International d'Unites.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of mull.
- In music, minor: as, E mol, or E minor.
- n. The gram-molecule, or the gram-molecular weight of an element or compound: a brief form introduced by Ostwald.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams; the basic unit of amount of substance adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
(1897) German Mol. (Wiktionary)