from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To establish as legal tender.
- transitive v. To coin (money).
- transitive v. To convert (government debt) from securities into currency that can be used to purchase goods and services.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To convert something (especially a security) into currency
- v. To mint money
- v. To establish a currency as legal tender
- v. To make a business activity profit-generating, particularly in computer and internet-related activities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To convert into money; to adopt as current money.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give the character of money to; legalize as money; coin into money.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give legal value to or establish as the legal tender of a country
From Latin monēta, money; see money.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)