from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A company operating in only one industry or line of business; often specifically a bank specializing in credit card issuance.
- n. An insurer specialized in insuring investment-grade securities against loss.
- n. A font line of consistent width, as occurs when imitating pencil script.
- n. A length of monofilament line, used for culturing forms of seaweed.
- n. A type of composing machine in which each line of type is cast as a single slug.
- n. A single spectrum line.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A trade-name of a form of typesetting machine which produces a solid line of type, or type-bar.
From mono- + line. (Wiktionary)