from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a single molecule.
- adj. Of or consisting of a layer one molecule thick.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. involving a single molecule
- adj. consisting of a single layer of molecules
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or involving a single molecule: in chem., of a substance, having its simplest molecular composition in contradistinction from polymeric derivatives formed by the union of two, three, or more of the simplest molecules. Thus, formic aldehyde (CH2O) may be spoken of as monomolecular, and metaformaldehyde (C3H6O3) as its trimolecular derivative, 3CH2O.
Sorry, no etymologies found.