from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Formation of the structure of an organism or part; differentiation and growth of tissues and organs during development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The differentiation of tissues and subsequent growth of structures in an organism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The development of the tissues and organs of an organism; the formation of structural features of an organism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The genesis of form; the production of morphological characters; morphogeny.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. differentiation and growth of the structure of an organism (or a part of an organism)
morpho- + -genesis (Wiktionary)