from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An apparatus used to maintain constant low temperature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any device used to maintain a constant low temperature
- n. A microtome held at a constant low temperature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a thermostat that operates at very low temperatures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thermostat that operates at very low temperatures
Sorry, no etymologies found.