from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To maintain normal air pressure in (an enclosure, as an aircraft or submarine).
- transitive v. To put (gas or liquid) under a greater than normal pressure.
- transitive v. To design to resist pressure.
- transitive v. To pressure-cook.
- transitive v. Informal To subject to excessive stress, strain, or vexation: an executive who was pressurized by a heavy workload.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put pressure on; to put under pressure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. increase the pressure in or of
- v. maintain a certain pressure
- v. increase the pressure on a gas or liquid
pressure + -ize (Wiktionary)