from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or skill of swimming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of swimming
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of floating on the water; swimming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art or act of swimming.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of someone who floats on the water
Latin natātiō, natātiōn-, from natātus, past participle of natāre, frequentative of nāre, to swim; see snā- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin natatio (Wiktionary)