from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A promontory or headland. See ness
- n. A cape at the southern tip of Norway (also known as The Lindesnes)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A promontory or headland.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A promontory or headland: as, the naze of Norway.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cape at the southern tip of Norway
Old English næs; cognate with Icelandic nes, Swedish näs, Danish næs. Related to ness. (Wiktionary)