American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The band around the collar of a garment.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gorget.
- n. The part of a shirt which encircles the neck; the band to which the collar is sewed, or to which a separate collar is buttoned.
- n. Same as neck-cord.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A band which goes around the neck; often, the part at the top of a garment.
- n. a band around the collar of a garment
- n. necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck
- n. a band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over
“I have been wearing the neckband which is soaked in cool water around my neck to help with my core but right now, my arms which are burning up are completely covered in goosebumps – which is usually a sign that I am fucked since my body will start shivering even though I am actually overheating.”
“They starched two hundred white shirts, with a single gathering movement seizing a shirt so that the wristbands, neckband, yoke, and bosom protruded beyond the circling right hand.”
“Polarized glasses are a MUST have to spot fish well, and invest money in them (And a neckband, so you don't lose your 80$+ glasses) better polarization comes at a cost.”
“I'm using RCA neckband phones right now, still have three sets of those.”
“By this means he ironed the yoke, wristbands, and neckband, setting the latter at right angles to the shirt, and put the glossy finish on the bosom.”
“The structure seems to be just a strip of lace, with the top edge zigzagged down a base piece that hangs from a narrow neckband.”
“-- A neckband translates thought into speech by picking up nerve signals, allowing the first 'voiceless' phone call.”
“The black velvet neckband so erotically displayed by Daniela Bianchi, the ....”
“Just recently, Ambient Corporation demonstrated a neckband that translates thought into speech ... sort of.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘neckband’.
Ties and other neckwear.
Looking for tweets for neckband.