from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put into notation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To mark with spots or lines, which are often colored.
- v. To add notes to; to annotate
- v. To create notation (i.e. music); to record/put down in the form of notation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked with spots or lines, which are often colored.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology and botany, marked with spots or lines; variegated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put into notation, as of music or choreography
Back-formation from notation.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)