from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Based on or pertaining to scientific observation.
- adj. Pertaining to observation in general.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to observation; consisting of, or containing, observations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or used in observation, especially in observation without experimentation.
- Derived from or founded on observation: in this sense usually opposed to experimental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relying on observation or experiment
From observation + -al. (Wiktionary)