from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An extended adventurous voyage or trip.
- n. An intellectual or spiritual quest: an odyssey of discovery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extended adventurous voyage.
- n. An intellectual or spiritual quest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An epic poem attributed to Homer, which describes the return of Ulysses to Ithaca after the siege of Troy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An epic poem, attributed to Homer, in which are celebrated the adventures of Odysseus (Ulysses) during ten years of wandering, spent in repeated endeavors to return to Ithaca, his native island, after the close of the Trojan war.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the journey of Odysseus after the fall of Troy
- n. a long wandering and eventful journey
After theOdyssey.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Odyssey. (Wiktionary)