from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A graduate of a public school for boys.
- n. A man who is a member of an old-boy network.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An alumnus, especially of a public school.
- n. Affectionate term of address for a man.
- n. A former member of a group
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a former male pupil of a school
- n. a vivacious elderly man
- n. a familiar term of address for a man
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.