from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 15th letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the name for the 15th letter of Classical and Modern Greek. The 16th in Ancient and Old Greek.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lit., the little, or short, O, o; the fifteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fifteenth letter of the Greek alphaoet (O, o).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 15th letter of the Greek alphabet
Middle English, from Greek o mīkron, small o (because of its being a short vowel in Greek) : o, the letter o + mīkron, neuter of mīkros, small.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)