from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Allowing the pairing of each member of a class uniquely with a member of another class.
- adj. Mathematics Relating to or being a correspondence that assigns to different members of one set different members of another set.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A personal relationship between two people.
- adj. Matching each member of one set with a member of another set.
- adj. Involving direct communication between two people. Used especially to refer to situations in which one person is teaching one other person.
- adj. Injective, being an injection: having the property that no two elements of the domain are mapped to the same image.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as one-one.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of relations such that each member of one set is associated with one member of a second set
Sorry, no etymologies found.