American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make a choice or decision: opted for early retirement; opted not to go.
- opt out Slang To choose not to participate in something: "give individual schools the right to opt out of the local educational authority” ( Newsweek).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In grammar, an abbreviation of optative.
- To choose one of two alternatives; choose.
- An abbreviation of optical;
- of optician;
- of optics.
- v. select as an alternative over another
- From French opter, from Latin optare “to choose” or "to select" (Wiktionary)
- French opter, from Old French, from Latin optāre. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Lofgren called this "a counterintuitive and misleading definition of the term 'opt out.”
““The term opt-out refers to several methods by which individuals can avoid receiving unsolicited product or service information,” says the Wikipedia.”
“Instead of lighting a candle inside your pumpkin opt for a Scentsy candle!”
“She claims that these clients were called "opt out" clients and allowed to negotiate currency prices, often by phone, with the bank.”
“That's why atheists like Weinberg and Susskind and Rees and Koonin opt for it.”
“Seeking a user's prior consent is known as an "opt in.”
“As a precedent-setting regulation, addition of a virtual label opt in could provide flexibility and cost savings for manufacturers, as well as help retailers avoid the big cardboard box or bubble pack.”
“The requirement under the settlement to seek user permission before changing how it shares data with outsiders, known as "opt in," is unusually strict.”
“KASTE: As the bill moves through Congress, the big fight will be over what the wonks call opt-in versus opt-out.”
“It's become somewhat easier to buy goods for what might be called the opt-out cookout at mainstream stores.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘opt’.
A list of English words that are three letters long.
3 letter words, not the girl band.
boggle and speed scrabble would not be half as fun without them.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words from 2009 'Mary and Max' film.
like nobody's bui..., soap up, plug away, country club, horse whisperer, cease and desist, eye of the beholder, small-claims court, nut job, heebie-jeebies, hole in the wall, black-tie and 101 more...
Looking for tweets for opt.