from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art or process, originating in Japan, of folding paper into shapes representing flowers and birds, for example.
- n. A decorative object made by folding paper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The Japanese art of paper folding.
- n. A piece of art made by folding paper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds)
Japanese : ori, to fold + kami, paper.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Japanese 折り紙 (origami) (Wiktionary)