from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cross (animals or plants) by breeding individuals of different strains but usually of the same breed.
- n. The process of outcrossing.
- n. Offspring produced by outcrossing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a plant or animal produced by outcrossing
- v. to crossbreed different strains of a plant of animal
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An organism born to parents who belong to different families, varieties, races, or tribes.
From out- + cross. (Wiktionary)