from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To rank higher than.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To be of a higher rank than.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exceed in rank; hence, to take precedence of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To excel in rank or precedence; be superior in rank to.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take precedence or surpass others in rank
Sorry, no etymologies found.