from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To outdo (another) in talking.
- transitive v. To outwit by talking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To overpower, outdo, or surpass in talking.
- v. To outwit by talking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To overpower by talking; to exceed in talking; to talk down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To overpower by talking; surpass in talking.
From out- + talk. (Wiktionary)