from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To outdo in voting: The county seat outvoted the smaller towns.
- transitive v. To defeat (an opponent or proposal, for example) in voting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cast more votes than another
- v. To defeat another by obtaining more votes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exceed in the number of votes given; to defeat by votes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exceed in the number of votes given; defeat by greater number of votes; outnumber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. defeat by a majority of votes
Sorry, no etymologies found.