from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. located or positioned over the side, especially of a ship
- adj. being on the opposite side
- adv. over the side
- n. The side facing up or positioned above; the top side; surface.
- n. The reverse or opposite side (of something).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Over the side, as of a ship.
- Acting over the side: as, overside dredges (that is, dredges that discharge over the side).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. over the side of a boat
1880, from the phrase over the side (of a ship), equivalent to over + side. (Wiktionary)
From over- + side. (Wiktionary)