from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An outer skirt, especially a shorter one worn draped over another skirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A skirt worn visibly, especially over another layer, such as a petticoat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An upper skirt, shorter than the dress, and usually draped.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An outer skirt.
- n. Drapery arranged upon or over the skirt of a dress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an outer skirt worn over another skirt
over- + skirt (Wiktionary)