from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ballot showing the selection of more candidates or choices than are allowed in a given race or referendum.
- n. The number of such ballots cast in an election.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A case in which a voter has marked a ballot for more choices than allowed by the rules
- n. A case in which more votes are cast in a voter's name than allowed under the rules
- v. To spoil a ballot by marking it for more choices than allowed by the rules
- v. To cast more votes than allowed under the rules
- v. To outvote or overrule
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To outvote; to outnumber in votes given.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To outvote; outnumber in votes given.
over- + vote (Wiktionary)