from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing eggs that hatch within the female's body without obtaining nourishment from it. Used of certain fishes and reptiles and many invertebrates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to such kind of animals such as some reptiles whose eggs hatch inside their body
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Oviparous, but hatching the egg while it is within the body, as some fishes and reptiles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing eggs which are hatched within the body of the parent but without placental attachment, so that the young are born alive, yet have not been developed in that direct connection with the blood-vessels of the mother which is characteristic of viviparous animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. producing living young from eggs that hatch within the body
From ovo- + viviparous. (Wiktionary)