from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who practices palmistry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fortuneteller who uses palmistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as palmister: now more often used.
- Of or pertaining to palmisters or palmistry: as, the palmist art.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fortuneteller who predicts your future by the lines on your palms
Probably back-formation from palmistry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)