from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of a group of traditional classifications of words according to their functions in context, including the noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection, and sometimes the article.
- n. A word considered as a part of speech.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A linguistic category of words sharing syntactic or morphological behaviour and semantic properties, such as noun or verb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a sort or class of words of a particular character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the traditional categories of words intended to reflect their functions in a grammatical context
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.