from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being past.
- n. The emotion or feeling evoked by memory: "the one wave of recaptured pastness with which many a gifted writer makes his debut” ( John Simon).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being past.
- n. The result or product of being past.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being past.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being past
From past + -ness (Wiktionary)