from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To separate off from the main body, to move off to one side; as in troop movements on a parade ground or an organized retreat, or columns in a procession.
- v. To remove (an outer layer or covering, such as clothing).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. leave a formation
- v. peel off the outer layer of something
- v. come off in flakes or thin small pieces
- v. peel off in scales
- v. take off, as with some difficulty
Sorry, no etymologies found.