from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See lamellibranch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the Pelecypoda.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A marine or freshwater mollusk having a soft body with platelike gills enclosed within two shells hinged together; a member of the Pelecypoda.
- adj. same as lamellibranchiate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a hatchet-shaped foot; of or pertaining to the Pelecypoda; lamellibranchiate, as a mollusk.
- n. A bivalve mollusk; a lamellibranch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. bivalve
- n. marine or freshwater mollusks having a soft body with platelike gills enclosed within two shells hinged together
From New Latin Pelecypoda, class name : Greek pelekus, ax + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)