from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fluid in the space between the membranous and bony labyrinths of the inner ear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An extracellular fluid found in the scala tympani and scala vestibuli of the cochlea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fluid which surrounds the membranous labyrinth of the internal ear, and separates it from the walls of the chambers in which the labyrinth lies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The clear fluid contained within the osseous labyrinth of the ear, surrounding the membranous labyrinth: distinguished from endolymph. Also called liquor Cotunnii.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the bodily fluid that fills the space between the bony labyrinth and the membranous labyrinth of the inner ear
peri- + lymph (Wiktionary)