from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See lapwing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of peewit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The lapwing.
- n. The European black-headed, or laughing, gull (Xema ridibundus). See under laughing.
- n. The pewee.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of various birds.
- n. and gull.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small olive-colored woodland flycatchers of eastern North America
- n. large crested Old World plover having wattles and spurs
- n. small black-headed European gull
Imitative of its call.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)