from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abnormal constriction of the foreskin that prevents it from being drawn back to uncover the glans penis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A contraction of the foreskin (either as a stage of development or a pathological condition), which prevents it from being retracted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A condition of the penis in which the prepuce can not be drawn back so as to uncover the glans penis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Stenosis of the preputial orifice. Compareparaphimosis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormal tightness of the foreskin preventing retraction over the glans
New Latin phīmōsis, from Greek, a muzzling, phimosis, from phīmoun, to muzzle, from phīmos, muzzle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin phimosis, from Ancient Greek φίμωσις ("muzzling"). (Wiktionary)