from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bearing or producing hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing or producing hair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearing a single slender bristle, or hair.
- adj. Beset with hairs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, bearing or tipped with hairs.
- In zoology, bearing hairs; hairy; piligerous: specifically, in entomology, noting the tubercles of caterpillars whence bundles of hairs arise.
Latin pilus, hair + -ferous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
pilus -iferous (Wiktionary)